It used to be a problem finding reputable self storage facilities… not any more !
It’s good to store®
Storage solutions in Cumbria is now easy. Your Lock Your Key® was set up to make finding self storage easier. All partner businesses must undergo a strict vetting and inspection process including furniture grade storage units, 24 hr 7 day a week access onto sites, and must have adequate CCTV and monitoring.
Sites are within easy access of the M6 motorway junction leading to Carlisle and cover catchment areas including Brampton, Wigton, Penrith, Pooley Bridge, Workington, Keswick and most of Cumbria and North Lakes (The Lake District).
We have the very best in storage facilities and provide clean, affordable storage for domestic and household use, commercial and business use and provide help and assistance for people moving home.
A bit more information about Your Lock Your Key ® Self Storage with these handy questions and answers:
We have some questions and answers about using a Your Lock Your Key ®
Q) What’s your telephone number?
Click to telephone us
Q) Are Your Lock Your Key storage sites operated by different companies?
A) Yes; they are operated under licence and go through a vetting procedure and must hold strict minimum standards before being given a Your Lock Your Key ® status
Q) What can I store?
A) As long as its legal, virtually anything! We specialise with furniture storage, vehicle storage, student storage, short term and long term storage.
Q) Can I store furniture for long periods of time?
A) Yes; furniture can be stored for as little or as long as is required
Q) Are the storage units secure?
A) Yes; storage units have passed our security checks and have to be on secure sites with security fencing, CCTV and illumination as a minimum standard.
Q) Are there minimum terms?
A) No; it’s for as long as you require storage for – from just £20 a week for a 1200 cu ft storage container which is capable of holding upto a three bedroom house of contents.
Q) Are there any hidden charges?
A) No; all costs quoted are inclusive and precise costings vary on weather you need general or furniture grade units. If you are quoted £100 per month then that’s what you pay in total. Nothing more. There will be a deposit payable of £50 returnable on vacation of unit.
Q) Can I hand back my unit at short notice?
A) There are no complicated agreements. Units can be handed back quickly and are operated on a month by month basis. However, if you need a unit for a shorter time period then this is no problem whatsoever.
Q) Where are you based?
A) Each Your Lock Your Key ® operator has different locations. Currently all are based in Carlisle City Centre providing excellent 24/7 access whenever you wish.
Q) Are my contents insured?
A) All Your Lock Your Key ® operators have the optional addition of fully insuring your contents – and from prices as low as £5 per £5,000 of contents per month, is within everyones budget.
Q) Can I drive upto my storage unit?
A) You can drive right upto your unit whenever you wish. Friendly sites, excellent ground floor units make it easy to drive your car or van right upto your storage container.
Q) Do you provide lock up garages?
A) Try Storage Hippo! A range of budget lock up garages, ideal for storing the car.
Points to bear in mind and consider when relocating.
Moving home can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, but with careful planning and organization, it can also be a smooth and enjoyable process. There are several key steps that you should take to ensure a stress free and successful move.
- Create a moving timeline: Make a list of all the tasks that need to be completed before the move and allocate a timeline for each one. This will help you stay on track and ensure that everything is done in a timely and organised manner.
- Declutter: Moving is the perfect opportunity to get rid of anything you no longer need. Sort through your belongings and consider donating or selling items that you no longer use. This will make packing and moving easier and more efficient.
- Choose a reputable moving company: We fit this category perfectly. Companies such as ourselves are long established, have good feedback and can offer superb advice and assistance.
- Pack smart: Start packing well in advance of the move and label boxes clearly to make unpacking easier. Use high-quality boxes and packing materials to protect your belongings during the move.
- Book your self storage: If you need to store some of your belongings before or after the move, book self storage at the earliest opportunity. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your storage unit is reserved for you. Please don’t leave it to the last minute.
- Update your address: Remember to notify utility companies, the post office, your bank, and other important contacts of your new address.
- Take inventory: Make a list of all the items you are moving and their condition. This will be useful for insurance purposes in case anything is damaged during the move.
- Stay organised: Keep all your important documents and moving-related materials in one place, such as your moving timeline, contact information for your moving company, and important documents like your insurance policy.
- Take care of yourself: Moving can be mentally and physically draining, so make sure to take care of yourself. Eat well, exercise, and don’t forget to take breaks and relax when needed. Common sense really!
In conclusion, moving home can be a challenging experience – but it needn’t be! With careful planning it can be a smooth and successful process. We’re here to help! Remember to book in your self storage on 01228 590397 and follow the steps outlined above to ensure a stress-free move.
You can drive your car, van, lorry direct to your unit making the whole process quick and easy, and more importantly, we believe we provide the very best value and storage experience around.
How do I book self storage with you?
There is no obligation to go ahead with your storage should you book with us. To do a booking, telephone 01228 590397 and someone will guide you through the procedure. Initially, we would make an appointment with you to view a storage unit on site to see if it meets your requirements, however, this can be done over the phone if you are at distance should you quickly and efficiently need one.
What about contacting us via email instead?
Alternatively, email us on email@example.com
If you operate a self storage site, why not consider being vetted for inclusion onto our website? Benefits include storage leads and comprehensive help and assistance.
If you wish to be included, you need to pass a stringent quality control including site security, customer service, quality of units to name but a few.
Telephone 01228 590397 for further information.
Self storage Your Lock Your Key, Storage in Carlisle, Self Storage, Rome Street Depot, Storage, Bousteads Grassing Carlisle, Furniture Storage, storage solutions Cumbria, Document Storage in Cumbria, Cumbria Self Storage. Storage in Workington, Penrith, Wigton, Brampton, Lake District. Your Lock Your Key, it’s good to store and Storage Carlisle are registered trademarks.
You must be logged in to post a comment.